Psychophysiological and Social Processes in Very Young Children with Externalizing Problems
Click HERE if you would like to be contacted about this study.
- Why is this study being done?
- The purpose of this research study is to better understand common behavior problems that some children experience, like irritable mood and defiant behavior.
- Who is eligible?
- You and your child are eligible if your child is 4-6 years old and you received a flyer from one of your child’s providers.
- What will we be asked to do?
- You and your child will be asked to attend one 2.5 hour assessment at the Child Counseling Associates clinic in Metairie.
- As a thank-you, you will be compensated $50 for your participation and $20 for your travel to the clinic.
- What type of information will be collected?
- Your child will complete tasks that give information about how they recognize emotional facial expressions.
- We will collect heart activity and sweat gland activity while your child watches video clips.
- You will complete questionnaires and interviews about your child’s experiences and behavior.
- We will ask your child’s teacher/childcare provider to complete two questionnaires.
- Where is the Child Counseling Associates clinic located?
- In Metairie, near Esplanade Ave. and Clearview Parkway
- 4641 Fairfield St., Suite A., Metairie, LA 70006
- What do I do if I’m interested, or want more information?
- You can fill out our contact form HERE
- Or you can call Dr. Amy Mikolajewski at (504) 988-4526
- Are you a teacher or childcare provider who received a flyer from a caregiver?
- Contact Dr. Amy Mikolajewski using the link or phone number listed above.
- Dr. Mikolajewski will go over the consent form with you.
- If you would like to participate, she will then send you two questionnaires, with a self-addressed, stamped return envelope.
- When you return the completed forms, you will be sent a $10 gift card.